Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Update

We all had a great weekend these past few days!! Wish everyone else was there (Steph, Jay's fam, Scott's fam), but we did have tons of fun! It was sooo nice to see my parents and Rob came up too which was great! We pretty much just hung out, had a BBQ, played bocce ball, played games and of course went to Charlie's blessing. Everything went so well and the Mike did a great job with the blessing. I didn't take any pictures from this weekend.... lame I know.... but I know Becca did after the blessing, so I may snag some pictures from their blog once she posts.

Other than that, I just booked Josh and my trip out to Texas for a family reunion on his side of the fam! I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun and luckily we had some travel rewards so we only had to pay for 1 ticket! WOOHOO! It's in July and we'll only be gone for about 4 days.

An update on the doctor... so I met with a nurse on Friday. The office had closed for the day, but she met me in there after work, because timing is everything and I had to be seen that day. I went in and found some bad news... (hopefully this isn't TMI), but I have a cyst on my right ovary. So the first thing the nurse said was I needed to go on birth control for this month to help it go away. (Of course the last thing we wanted was to prevent pregnancy, haha). But she said she'd call the doctor and see what he wanted. The doctor said I had two options: I could either go on birth control and try AI next month, or go through with it and hope the fertility pills don't make the cyst any bigger. If it did get bigger, I would have to go back for that same surgery I had last year (a laparoscopy) to get the cyst removed. I obviously don't want that of course, but I also don't want to wait another month to start all over again. I asked the chances of it getting bigger and he did say it was rare. He said most likely it will stay the same or go away, but as long as they know the cyst is already there they can work around it. So, I decided to go through with it this month and try AI. I just started the pills yesterday and take them for 5 days. Then this weekend I go in to get checked again. So we'll see what happens then. I just hope and pray this thing doesn't get bigger because going through that surgery again would be hell!!

Anyways, I hope and pray everything will work out, but I know everything happens for a reason and I just hope I can continue to stay positive through this process. Josh has been such an amazing support and of course he's going through the same thing as me, but it's nice to know we're on the same team and we can work through this together.

I WILL POST TONIGHT ABOUT OUR TRIP FOR SURE!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!! SO CHECK BACK!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for being apart of Charlies special day! I posted more photos on FB then on my blog!The one of you two with baby is too cute!

Kelly said...

So I totally forgot you had a blog until I saw your update on Facebook. It looks like you had a really amazing trip to Madrid! Good luck with the AI! You are going to be the most amazing mommy ever, your kids will have so much fun w/ you they won't know what to do with themselves. I'll keep my fingers extra crossed for you!

Auna Leigh said...

Love it! You are amazing! What afun trip! Love you!