Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reading the classics

So I've decided there are many books out there that I have never read that are classics that I've always wanted to read. So my new goal is this... I have made a list of books that I would like to try and read. I don't have a timeframe, because I don't want to feel rushed, but I think I'm going to buy the books as well to start our own library of great books. So I've started with:



I've made a list of about 25 books for now. Many of these are books I may have read in school, or should have read and didn't, lol. A few books on my list:









If anyone else wants to join along with an informal book club, let me know and we'll go through the list. Either way, I'm still really excited about this and hope I can become a little more cultured and possibly increase my vernacular :)

(P.S. This is mainly for Steph... I updated my other blog, finally, haha)

6 comments:

The Griffins said...

Tiff this is so funny- we just did the same thing. I'm buying them on Amazon though and I started with Shakespeare and Jane Austen. We also have some on audio because BJ listens to them in the car.

T Redd said...

Sweet idea. Give me the book list cause there are a handful of these books that I wanna read

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Dude, I LOVE To Kill A Mockingbird....its one of my all time favorites! I hated Catcher in the Rye, it was vulgar and I didn't like it at all. I also love Lord of the Flies....and I heard Old Man and the Sea is suuuuper boring, but I've never read it. You know what I just read and LOVED? Peter Pan, the oringinal, un-abridged version by the great J.M. Barrie. It was amazing, I loved it so much. And you really should read the Anne of Green Gables books if you want to read the classics...they're my favorite books EVER.

Christina and Ryan said...

Read East of Eden by Steinbeck (possibly instead of Grapes of Wrath, just saying, I didn't enjoy reading that one). When I read it, I couldn't put it down.

Me and My Boys said...

That's awesome I'm doing the same thing too. although most of the books on your list we had to read in Highschool, or College, Lord of the Flies, seriously not very good. Let me just worn you!

Becca said...

That's so funny! I just tried to check out War and Peace but the SJ library didn't have it!Let me know what you are going to read first!!!