Friday, June 26, 2009

Due to popular demand

I've had a few people asking how I got that steal of a deal yesterday, so let me explain a little bit. It's going to be hard, because it was hard enough for me to learn from "professional" couponers, haha.

First thing I did, was in the Wednesday's mail, I received 2 coupons from Albertson's called "doublers." They allow you to double any coupon you have up to $1. So that gave me an additional $2 off the value. So if you missed those coupons, I heard there are 3 more coming out in Sunday's paper.

Next, I went to this site here

It gives you a list of everything on sale, then the price if you have a coupon. When the coupon says $2/1, it means you get $2 off when you buy 1. If it says $1/2, it means you get $1 off, when you buy 2. I just barely subscribed to the paper, so I don't have some of the coupons, but all of the ones that say "print" anyone can print those off. And you should print 1 coupon for every item of that, which you buy.

For example, I bought 2 Jolly Time popcorns, so I printed 2 of the coupons. It will let you print 2 coupons per computer.

On that list, I went to the bottom section that was grayed out, because that's an even better deal, since Albertson's is doing, buy 10 participating items and get $5 back immediately. Also the stars on the left tell you how good of a deal it actually is.

So I ended up using 5 coupons I think, then 2 of the doubler coupons, plus the deals that were already going on and that's what I got!

Sorry if this is confusing, it was very confusing for me too, and still kind of is, but I'm trying to learn. Feel free to email me if you have more questions (tiffaustin88@gmail.com) But here's another deal I'll be doing today on the Softsoap from Target (I'd do the Gillette one too, but I don't have the newspaper coupons yet):

DEAL

Here are the websites I look at for help:

Pinching Your Pennies

Frugal Blog

GOOD LUCK!!! IT'S SOOO MUCH FUN!

1 comment:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

that is so great about those deals, but it just seems like too much work for me. i am lazy or something...