He has turned into quite the chunker. His legs are just so cute and chubby and you can't see his knees with all of the rolls around them. I love it! I'm sure once he starts moving he'll lean out a bit, but I just think he's adorable.
Here are a few things he's doing:
- Rolls constantly from belly to back, but has only once gone from back to belly. He's just lazy I think, because I know he can do it.
- Still loves to pick his legs up and throw them down. Anytime we do a diaper change. Makes it difficult.
- Sleeps on his side. We stopped swaddling him a couple days ago because we find him out of the swaddle anyways and on his side with his arms in the air.
- Stopped taking his binky. Good news for us. No need to wean him from it later.
- Sits up so well! I still put pillows around him just in case, but he can usually stay sitting up for awhile. (5-10 min)
- Loves his sippy cup, but hasn't figured out how to tip it back
- Reaches for you to hold him
- Still not sure of his eye color. Some days I think blue, others brown, others green or hazel.
- His first tooth is in! His bottom right middle tooth. It started showing about 2 weeks ago and now it's about 1/3 of the way up.
- Has had 2 colds in his life and 1 fever of 103* the night after his 6 months shots :(
- Lately only waking up once a night :)
- Finally sleeping longer than 30 min. naps! He still has 30 min. ones, but usually at least 1 a day that's over an hour. Sometimes all 3 if we're lucky.
- LOVES the swing at the park
- Shakes his head "no" all the time
- I swear he said "ma ma ma ma" the other day, but I need to have it on tape for Josh to believe me (haha, not really). Dane wasn't saying it to me though, but just babbling it.
- Has been on 2 plane trips, with 2 more in the near future
- Besides being born, has been to the hospital 2 more times (for his surgery and his stroller incident)
But he's such a happy baby and I'm such a happy mommy. I love this age. He's so fun!
Josh and I have been married over 7 years now and have three beautiful children! Dane who is 2 1/2 and the girls, Holland and Harper who are now 14 months. I'm lucky enough to stay home with them and Josh is an interactive designer at Oakley. We live in Southern California and are enjoying life as it comes!