Thursday, June 25, 2009

A success!

So... my wonderful friend Penny has started showing me how's it done. That's right... I'm learning to use coupons! According to my previous post I am trying to learn to save money on groceries. It seems like a no brainer... it's free money for heaven's sake! And since I had no responses, I needed to look for help elsewhere :)

Well, this was my first shopping trip. It may have not been the absolute best deals, but I definitely did good for a first timer!! Here's what I got:



Normally:

Jolly Time Popcorn $4.99 (each)
Refried Beans $1.29
South Beach Diet Fiber Bars $3.99 (each)
Kraft Pasta Salad $2.29
Mac and Cheese Cups $1.19 (each)
Bagel Bites $2.39 (each)

My total:

$5.29

That's a savings of $23.74!!

I'm going back tomorrow to do one more round with other items :) I'll check back then.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

i am in awe! i need a lesson quick!

Lindsey and Jared said...

Okay, you HAVE to show me how you did that. My sister in law does it and when she tried to explain it to me it's like she's speaking Greek!

Laura said...

Good job on finding some really good deals. If you are interested I have a link to a blog (frugal chic living) on my blog page that tells of how to save money using coupons and other promotional deals.

Also Congrats to Josh on getting the coaching job.

AdamAndMelaine said...

Okay, now you need to do a post telling how you did that. Seriously!

Melissa said...

That is amazing!!!! I'm not a couponer, but you inspire me!

Victoria Harris Photography said...

Will you write a post on how to do this!