Our little guy is now 8 months old! He just gets more and more fun everyday! I love that his personality is coming through and I love playing with him so much. Each age I love more and more.
Here are some of the things he's doing:
- Says "dad" and "mom"! It's so funny, because rarely will he say "dadadadada" or "mamamama" it's usually just "dad" and "mom" It makes him sound so grown up. He did start with dad first though :( And he's been saying that for almost a month, but just started consistently saying mom a couple days ago.
- I said in his 7 month post that he was so close to crawling and my guess was he would do it before he turned 8 months. But I was wrong. Still no crawling here, but I'm fine with that.
- Still has just his bottom 2 teeth, but his top two are about to poke through. You can see them just on the surface and they're totally swollen. Poor boy. But those will be here any day.
- We had a dr appt a couple weeks ago because he wasn't feeling well (thought he had an ear infection, but he didn't. He still has not had one yet, which is lucky). Anyways, he was 19 1/2 pounds already. Our big, chunky boy.
- Loves to read books and is always trying to turn the pages before we can even read what's on that page.
- Transitioning between 2 and 3 naps. Some days his naps are great and he only needs two, but sometimes when he has shorter naps, we try to get a cat nap in later in the day. It's about 50/50 right now on 2 or 3 naps, but I think within a month he'll be down to just 2 naps.
- Took his 3rd plane ride. This time we got to visit our family in Colorado who just had a baby. Dane is no longer the "baby" in the family :)
- He eats really well. He can pick up foods that are big enough and feed himself. Also, has been eating yogurt now for a couple of weeks, which he loves. I'm thinking about giving him some meat soon too. But does well with his fruits and veggies. Also likes puffs and saltine crackers (without the salt). I also give him lots of different foods from our plates and he seems to enjoy everything. (Except peas)
- Took swimming lessons and he totally loves the water. I'll have to buy one of those teeny plastic pools for the summer to let him splash around in.
- Went on his first of many hikes and LOVED it. Not one sad peep out of him the entire time. He's been on two now, and both times he just looks around and ends up falling asleep. Here are a couple pictures:
That's all I can think of now, and I didn't take any of my own pictures this weekend of our trip, but my mom did and I'll be sure to post those once I get them from her.
I'm so glad Dane and I were able to go to Colorado to visit my brother, sister-in-law, their new baby Davis and their sweet girls. We had a great time! Davis is such a CUTE baby and he's so good. Hardly ever cries! I'm so happy for them to get their boy after 3 girls, so fun.
The trip was uneventful, until Dane and I flew home Sunday night. We were supposed to fly out at 7:20pm, but it got delayed until 9:15pm. I was nervous I wouldn't have enough milk for him (but I did) and I was afraid he would be a terror, since his bed time is usually around 7:30. He finally fell asleep at about 8:30 and was actually happy the whole time. Then I boarded and he woke up as soon as I sat in my seat :( Then I gave him a bottle, which he got sleepy again, and was close to falling asleep, until he filled up his pants, completely full. Totally nasty and I had to change him on this teeny weeny airplane bathroom. The flight was about an hour and 15 minutes and poor boy could not fall back asleep. Thank goodness he wasn't crying, he just couldn't get comfortable and was rolling around all over my lap and changing positions every 30 seconds, literally. He FINALLY fell asleep just after we landed and were taxiing in, lol. Of course. But stayed asleep all the way home and woke up for a couple minutes when we got home, but went back to sleep. It was a crazy evening and I was DEAD tired. A wonderful trip, but glad to be home to see Josh. We totally missed him.