Monday, August 2, 2010

Hospital Round 2

Well, after my time at the hospital on Friday, they gave me morphine and I was out for quite awhile and actually got some rest. Saturday morning I was feeling better and able to move around. I even went out to lunch! Then I came home and after I woke up from a nap, PAIN! It was like the worst pain I've ever felt. My back just ached ALL over and I couldn't sit, stand or do anything without it hurting. I tried to bear with it and took some Tylenol, but we all know how much Tylenol really helps, not a whole lot. I went to bed with a couple of ice packs on my back and woke up a bunch, but at 4am is when it REALLY hurt. I woke up Josh and said we need to go back to the hospital.

We did, got all hooked up to the baby monitors and sat in pain until the nurse came back in the room. Only a couple of contractions, which was good, not like last time. All the tests still came back negative and again the answer was: It's just how the baby is positioned. I said, is it possible it will go away? And her response: "I wish I brought my crystal ball" ... Ok, you could have just said, "I'm not sure." I was so bugged, haha. So, they gave me a shot of morphine again and sent me on my way. I even mentioned the dislocated rib thing to her and she was like, "huh, I've never heard of that?" SERIOUSLY!? I've talked to multiple women who've been pregnant or are pregnant and had this happen to them. It's not like it's uncommon for heaven's sake!

Anyways, I enjoyed the rest of Sunday sitting on the couch... boring. And last night I woke up at 2 and couldn't sleep and ended up trying to sit/sleep on the couch the rest of the night. I'm definitely calling my dr. as SOON as they open to see about going to a chiropractor and maybe get some Loritab (which they say is ok to take while pregnant). I need some relief, because this baby still has 11 more weeks. There is no physically possible way I can do this another week, let alone another 2 1/2 months.

(Thanks for all the sweet comments and thoughts on the other two posts, I REALLY appreciate it)

8 comments:

Selma said...

Oh no..I'm sooo sorry! My friend had something similar happen to her...her baby was positioned in such a way that it was causing her excruciating pain in her back. And there was nothing they could do about it. I know it sucks but hang in there...you're almost at homestretch!

Meghan said...

Oh man! I'm sorry you had to go back. I hope you get some pain relief and can go to a chiropractor. And, I can't believe that nurse! Sheesh!! Some people... Good luck!

Meghan said...

PS - I realized that my blog has gone private and you're not on my list. If you want access, just post your email and I can invite you.

Lindsey and Jared said...

Stupid sarcastic nurse! LOL I hope you feel better darlin! :(

KellySummer said...

Yuck yuck yuck! that sucks so bad! are you going in to work tomorrow? let me know if you are around during the day tomorrow or any day. I'll bring ya lunch or something.

S said...

What an inconsiderate nurse! All the rest of us RN's apologize for her, lol. Hope you get some relief!

Megan said...

sorry Tiff! I'm glad that the baby is ok, but man that sucks that you are in so much pain! Let us know how it goes with your dr. I'm sure they'll be more help than that stupid nurse!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

I hate how doctors and nurses can be so insensitive. If you really feel your rib has been dislocated, you might want to fib a little when talking to the Dr. Tell him it's happened to other women in your family (instead of saying it happened to your friends). Then they might take more notice. I've realized that it isn't until I tell doctors that both my mom and sister have thyroidism (which is true) that they start taking me seriously.