Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A lot of new things happening...

Well, I don't have pictures with me, but I'll post a few later. Here is a recent update:

I did go snowboarding for the first time with Josh and it was so much fun!! Of course I fell a lot, but I did pretty well for my first time... (I mean I was on the bunny slopes, so hopefully I did good, haha). Josh was the perfect teacher, extremely patient and fun to spend the day with! Pictures to follow...

Now to the big news... for everyone who hasn't heard, we bought another place!! We were looking at houses for the longest time (over 6 months) and couldn't find much that we liked... everything was really big, like 4/5 bedrooms, which we obviously wouldn't need for awhile. So we reverted back to looking at townhouses and that same day we found our new home!! It's perfect for us!! It about 350 sq ft. bigger than our current place, it has 2 bed/ 2 bath and a garage! It's only a few years old and it's beautiful! I LOVE IT!! We figured with just the two of us still, 2 rooms is plenty for now. Once we have a little one, we still have the extra room for them when they come. It's less rooms to furnish, we can do a lot of nice things to it (i.e., new hardwood floors, yay!) and of course it was much cheaper than our price range, meaning we can save even more now!

It was seriously a steal of a deal and we jumped on it right away... we put an offer on it about 1 1/2 weeks ago on a Saturday and the offer was accepted same day. That Monday 2 more offers came in, so we're lucky we jumped on it when we did. We've been in the process of doing the inspections, appraisal, etc. and everything is coming back great! We are closing a week from today, Jan. 28 and can not WAIT to move it! The best part about it, is it's really close for Josh to work and really close for me, it's like directly in the middle! And we're super close now to Mike, Rebecca and the girls!! Another perk... our church building is on the same street, so we can walk to it every week!

We're still keeping our Provo condo and will just be renting it out for now, which is crazy to think we'll be landlords, haha. I'm really excited about the new purchase and hope you'll come visit us now!! I have a few pictures I'll put up soon.

The End.

I'm really excited to get moved in and do the little fix ups we want to do. With all of the money we didn't spend on a house, also means we have a budget for some new furniture! I can't wait to decorate all over again and design our new place! Of course I'll post pictures soon... but I want you to see what it looks like after it's done too...

9 comments:

Ryan and Chelsea said...

I am SO excited for you guys!!! Congratulations! What great news. And you will be awesome landlords too (: I am sure it is such a relief to finally have found something. Sorry I won't be visiting, but I'm excited to see those pics!

mckenna said...

Congrats! I'm jealous. I want a new house and new furniture!!

Laura said...

Congrats! That is really exciting. Having a garage will be really nice. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Becca said...

here's an over used statement that I'm sure you won't get tired of hearing but.... I LOVE YOUR PLACE!!!!!

It is sooo amazing!Sooo perfect and soooo close!!!!could it have worked out better for us!NO!!!!! I know how much fun you are going to have getting it to feel like home!!! You have wonderful taste and style and I could not be more excited for you!!!

Love you neighbor!

Megan said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures! Can you believe you are going to own TWO homes??? Crazy! How fun to get to decorate another place, and to live so close to Mike, Becca and the girls!

Unknown said...

Now we have another place to stay when we come to UT. And a new home for Harley. Still waiting for those pictures you said you were going to post.

love dad

'Cus and Britt said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you guys! That is very exciting! Congrats! Since we don't really hang out anymore I don't think that this move will affect anything. We'll drive to come see you when we get our lazy butts off of the couch... sorry you have way lazy/boring Provo friends who lack motivation to do fun things. :)

shannon said...

Congrats! That's so much fun!!!
I'm really happy for you guys!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

becks said your new place is the cutest townhouse ever! i cant wait to see it! i need to visit you all soon!