Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More to come

Thanks everyone for the well wishes from my last post! Unfortunately because we've been moving I haven't had a chance to take pictures and post them. I also don't want to post pictures of our rooms filled with boxes. But trust me, I will post pictures once things are decent looking and it will be worth the wait! Haha. But we have officially moved everything into the new place, now it's just a matter of unpacking, which hasn't been too bad. We've made multiple trips to Ikea and bought a couple pieces of new furniture and nice little organizational and decorational pieces. I can't wait for it all to come together!! We are probably going to start doing the hardwood next week, so once that's all in place, we can finally buy some couches! WOOHOO!!! I absolutely love our new place and I couldn't be happier with the decision we made. Even though it took forever for us to settle on something, we are both glad we didn't rush into something that we didn't love.

Also a scary thing that has happened is our company laid off 1,700 people yesterday!!! Yikes!!! Luckily I wasn't one of them, but it's so sad to see how this economy is effecting sooo many people. Fortunately I have a fall back job just in case I were to get laid off, but I'll cross my fingers that I won't have to resort to that.

I am really happy at this point in my life and I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends and family and such a perfect husband to support me in everything that I do. Thanks!!

2 comments:

Christina and Ryan said...

"fall back job"=working the corner?

Becca said...

I can't tell you how tempted I am every time I drive up 90th to swing by and see what you've been doing in there!!! I'm so in love with your place!But I know you all need your space! I'm not going to be "that" kind of family member!!!! Unless you want me to!He he!!!!

These layoffs are horrible. We had two friends get laid off in the past week and it's so sad!Both had company cars and those are gone!Could you imagine! You get laid off and have to call for a ride home!