Friday, November 13, 2009

Update

Thanks again everyone for thinking of me and for the nice emails, texts, phone calls. It was so sweet of you all! Here is an update:

The surgery went really well. I am recovering quicker than last time which has been nice! I went to the hospital Tuesday morning around 8am and was in the operation room by about 8:40am. They gave me my IV and some morphine and I got loopy really quick :) I got out of surgery about an hour later and didn't throw up at all afterwards. Much different from last time. Ended up only staying at the hospital probably for about 2 hours and then Josh took me home.

I slept most of the day and rested Wednesday and Thursday. I'm back to work today, but really drained and ready to go home already. I feel some pain in my shoulders from the gas they use during surgery, but not nearly as bad as last time. The worst pain I have right now is probably just trying to sit up. Once I'm laying down it hurts to try and bend at the waist. Also, the incision areas are a bit bloody (sorry for the TMI) and it makes me want to throw up a little bit every time I look at them, haha.

The endometriosis came back and the doctor cleared up as much as he could. I did have 2 cysts as a result from the endo, which were removed and hopefully this is what we need to start the next step. Just wanted to give you a quick update on me and let you know everything went great. Josh leaves for NY on Sunday so I'm going to be pretty bored while he's gone :( He's going for a conference out there for work. Lucky. Wish I were going with him...

5 comments:

mckenna said...

Glad things went better than last time! Hope you feel 100% soon! Feeling yucky is the worst! Especially now that we're adults and we have responsibilities that don't stop just because we don't feel great. I miss being a kid and having my mommy wait on me until I felt better. :(

Veronica said...

come hang out with me if you get bored! or i will come to you. also, the part about your healing wounds made me think i can never have surgery because i would feel the exact same way

Laura said...

I am glad that the surgery and recovery is going better for you than last time. Hope you will feel all the way better soon!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Good luck with your recovery!! You are so strong!

Kelly said...

Good luck with everything. I hope you don't mind that I'm reading your blog. I'll keep you in my prayers.