Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Surgery - One more time

Well guys... it's that time again. Time for another surgery! I'm obviously being sarcastic and wish so much that I don't have to do this, but I do.



A week from today (Nov. 10) I go under the knife (dun, dun, dun). This is the same surgery I did last year. It's called a laparoscopy and will be used to help treat my endometriosis.

Definitions:

Laparoscopy - a surgical technique in which a lighted viewing instrument (laparoscope) is inserted into the lower abdomen through a small incision, usually made below the navel. The abdomen is inflated with gas injected through a needle, which pushes the wall of the abdomen away from the organs so the doctor can see them more clearly.

Endometriosis - the growth of endometrial tissue-which normally lines the uterus-in other parts of the body. Endometriosis typically grows in the abdominal cavity and most often attaches to the ovaries, fallopian tubes, outer surface of the uterus, bowels, or other abdominal organs.

So yeah... when I did it last year, it was hell, but I lived. Last year was my first surgery, so hopefully my body will respond better this time around. It's only an outpatient surgery, so I'll go in Tuesday and go home the same day. It's just that my abs hurt SOOO bad and you don't realize how much you use them, until every little move you make kills! The other super sucky part is when they fill you up with the gas, and they don't get it all out, then everytime you sit up the air bubbles fill like your chest and shoulders and you just want to lay down all the time so it doesn't hurt. But I'll let you know how it goes!

6 comments:

AdamAndMelaine said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Tiff! Good luck!

Me and My Boys said...

Good Luck! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!

Auna Leigh said...

luck sista! i'll be praying for ya! loveyou!

Marshall and Jennifer said...

I know what will make you feel better... The Bean Game! We will for sure bring it over when you can sit up and play your troubles away!!!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Yuck, sorry Tippy....lets hope that this is the last thing, and then you can get to some serious baby making!

The McGraths said...

Good luck Tiff, we're praying for you! Keep up the positive attitude. You're definitely showing your "works" and your "faith." Thanks for the great example! :)