Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pasta! I did it!

So after a few failed attempts at this a couple days ago, I really wanted to figure it out because we love pasta!! I figured it out today! The previous recipe I was using from the KitchenAid recipe book, was a little too dry, possibly because we are in a dry climate. So I tried it with less flour and a little bit of water and wha-la!

Here is my creation:

Pre-dough


Letting the dough sit for 20 minutes


Rolling the dough




The dough is getting thinner and longer


Cutting the dough


Drying the noodles




Horray! I'm so excited! I'm going to let the noodles dry for an hour and then store them in the refrigerator or freezer for further use. I would make it tonight for dinner, but we just had pasta like 2 days ago. And if you know me really well, you know I LOVE ravioli. That is the next endeavor :) Anyone want to come over for dinner?

5 comments:

AdamAndMelaine said...

That is so awesome, Tiffany. I have made homemade pasta before by hand, and did the cutting and stuff myself, and it too forEVer! But it sure was delicious. I'm jealous of the kitchen aid, thats for sure!

derekandkelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
derekandkelsey said...

I am so jealous of you and your kitchenaide. Aren't you glad you bought the one with all of the fun attatchments??
p.s. You need to teach me how to do coupons!!

Megan said...

cool! that looks like fun! I'll be over for dinner next week if that's ok!

Hope everything went well with your surgery and your feeling ok!

Laura said...

Your pasta looks so Yummy! It even makes me want to try making pasta again. The last time I made pasta it was really bad. I made lasagna noodles, but I didn't cook the noodles first (someone told me I didn't need too). Even though I cooked the lasagna way longer than usual and everything else in the lasagna was a little over done the noodles were still doughy. Matt was sad because he loves lasagna, but it was to gross to eat and I was sad because I had wasted all that time trying to make lasagna that was uneatable. So I swore off trying to make my own pasta. But after seeing and hearing of your success I think that I might give it another try.

Hope that your surgery was successful and that you are recovering better than last time.