Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Barrel Rolls and Free Falls

Well this past weekend we went up to Boise for my grandmother's funeral. I miss her so much, but I know she's so much happier now! Well, while we were up there we had a great time seeing all of the family and it was Josh's first time meeting EVERYONE! I have 20 aunts and uncles, about 56 first cousins and 81 second cousins... it was a big group! (Of course not all of them were there, but you get the picture). Poor Josh. Anyways, one of my cousins, his name is Justin, actually owns a little two-seater plane and he was kind enough to take us up in it!

Josh by Justin's Plane


Me by another plane in the hangar


Warning Label on our Plane


So, I was a chicken and I only let him do barrel rolls with me, but Josh, who wants to get his pilot's license one day and fly planes, wasn't scared of anything. So he did something called a hammer head which is where they fly really high and start going backwards like they're going to do a back flip, but once the front of the plane is pointing towards the ground, they just start spiraling straight for the ground! They spin and spin until he gets close, then he pulls the nose of the plane up. Way toooooo scary for me. He also let us fly the plane while we were up there, it was really amazing!


These two are the barrel rolls. I look terrified in my video, I know, but it was a lot of fun! In the beginning of my video I say, "Oh crap, I'm so scared"  HAHA.




This last one is a video Josh took while doing that hammer head thing....yikes!

8 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

lol Tiff i love it! The videos rock. How fun!! I'd be way scared too!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Thats so fun that you got to do that in the plane! theres no freakin way I'd do what josh did, id pee my pants...no doubt about that! Sorry about your grama, she's with your grampa now, im sure she's stoked....maybe she'll go say hi to leash for you!

Becca said...

No thanks!!!That looks like the scariest thing ever!!! I'm with you except I don't think I would have let him do any tricks!!!!!

Glad you were able to make it out there! Wish I could have been there too!!!Love ya!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

i didnt know justin had a plane! how fun, but leave me on the ground please!

melissa said...

you guys are sooo cute! ps i just got this and i'm adding you as a friend or whatever it's called.. i'm new with the blogging lingo

Megan said...

Holy crap, those videos are CA-RAZY! I wouldn't have the guts to do that, especially with that warning label! Glad you guys made survived!

Megan said...

oops, I just mean survived, not made survived! TE HE HE!

Dana and Chase said...

so much fun but yet so scary!