Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My pregnancy thus far

I have been extremely lucky this pregnancy. I thought for sure it would be more misearable than it is (and trust me, I know it will get worse, but for now).

- I never had morning sickness
- I do get heartburn but not terrible. I just pop 1 Tums and I'm good to go.
- I get hungry a lot
- I don't think I ever got more tired than I was before I was pregnant, maybe slightly
- Unfortunately, my boobs have only grown a tiny bit so far, but I'm sure that will change after he's here
- I never craved anything specific. Only if I heard someone talk about something or I saw a commerical then it would sound really good, but I never had to run out and buy it right away.
- I pee a lot, but not a ton (yet)
- I've had a couple of headaches
- My biggest problem is my back starts to ache from sitting at work all day
- My feet hurt when I'm standing too long (even after an hour)
- I still sleep all night. Sometimes I wake up to pee, but not too often.
- No stretch marks (yet)
- The heat hasn't been terrible yet this summer, which is good
- I got to feel our baby move around 20 weeks... never felt flutters, just punches and kicks, so cute
- Only one week later, we could feel him from the outside and Josh could feel him too... tender moment
- Now I'm feeling him like crazy and he jabs me all the time - that little bully. It's still a little scary, I'll be honest (I'm not used to it!) but reassuring and so cute to know he's getting bigger

I still can't believe there is a little life inside of me (about a foot long and a little over a pound) that we will be responsible for.... and it's only 3 1/2 months away. I CAN NOT WAIT.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you are a lucky girl! I was pretty lucky with Chelsey too. I hope it all keeps going your way. :) I can't wait to see the little guy.

Melissa said...

I'm so happy for you! I also wanted to pass a note about stretch marks...Tyr Emu Oil. It is said that the stuff prevents stretch marks. Research it online. I use it for all sorts of skin issues. It is great stuff!
I hope the next few months are just as easy! You deserve it!!!!

Meghan said...

Your list is almost identical to mine. I felt great (and really still do even though I'm 31 weeks now) - never got sick or super tired. I'm glad you are doing so well! I'm glad you're feeling your little guy! It's SO fun! :)

Megan said...

so glad your pregnancy is going good! What a blessing! Yours sounds a lot like mine with Kate, Blakes was not as nice! Sorry no boob growage yet, I didn't get that either! BUMMER! Where's the belly picture?!?!?!?!?!?!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

i want to come feel your baby move so bad!!!! I really miss that feeling, one of the coolest things in the world!