Wednesday, April 21, 2010

10 Honest Truths (but I can only think of 7)

I was tagged by my friend Lindsey to list 10 honest truths about me, so this is my blog, I'll say what I want, and please don't judge :)

1. I enjoy speaking in front of people, and yes, I enjoy giving talks in church. I definitely don't like preparing them, but I do like to give them. Not sure why, because I still get nervous but for some reason I don't mind it at all.

2. I am obsessed with finances, which can be good and bad. I have my own system to make sure bills are paid on time, which isn't fool proof, but haven't missed one yet. I check our credit card statement a couple times a week and I know exactly where every dollar goes. But I feel bad for Josh because I'll ask him questions like, "Where did you spend $5.16?" I don't mean to be obnoxious or a brat, I just want to make sure everything is accounted for. I also check mint.com periodically too which is a good place to see all of your accounts in one.

3. I love to hang out with the guys. This isn't a secret, I grew up with brothers, but I'd much rather be watching "the game" or playing xbox or golfing or whatever, then just sitting around. I'm also not good at crafts or sewing which doesn't help. :) Again, I feel bad for Josh because sometimes I feel like I want in on his time with his friends, but he's really sweet about it and we find a nice balance.

4. I have pretty thick hair so I can kind of get away with it, but I wash my hair on average every 5-6 days. This may be gross for some, but honestly, my hair doesn't get greasy until that last day. I have also read and heard that it's better for your hair to not wash it daily because it strips your hair of it's natural oils. I do have to straighten or curl my hair after I wash it, so I'm glad it only needs to be done every 5-6 days.

5. I thought this was normal until a few years ago, but everytime I eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I have to have Doritos on it. Just the original cheese doritios. If I don't, it's hard for me to eat the sandwich. I don't think it's weird, just not very common.

6. I could careless what I wear to work. I'm not trying to impress anyone there and I have 3 pairs of pants I switch between. I also will admit that I wear white socks to work and as tacky as that is, I don't care. Besides I sit at a desk all day and people don't see them, but still. I'm not ashamed.

7. I'm going to be honest with this one, but sometimes I eat things past their expiration date. I hate wasting food and if it still smells good and looks good, I'll eat it. I know that's unsanitary, but I have never had food poisoning, so I think those dates are just guidelines, haha. But seriously, if it's something like meat or milk, I usually don't risk it, but other things, I don't really care.

I can't think of anything else, but if I do I'll add them on later.


5 comments:

Lindsey and Jared said...

Hahahaha! LOVE IT! Thanks for doing it Tippy.

Oh, and don't worry, I wear white socks to work too. :)

derekandkelsey said...

You are hilarious.. which is why I am soo obsessed with you! Keep 'em comin!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I totally eat expired food (but not meat or milk either, thats just beat.) But they date food way earlier than it really expires, so I figure its fine!

Megan said...

fun to read, had no idea about your love of the combo of peanut butter and dorito's, I kinda get that, I like peanut butter and pickles. We recently got onto mint, love it!!! Love your honesty about your hair, white socks and expired food, way to rock it Tiff!

BL said...

haha, i loved this! you are too funny.