Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jet Lag

Oh man, I don't remember jet lag being this bad last time, but wow have we been out of it! We got back from our trip on Sunday, and boy was it extremely amazing. We are so lucky we were able to take this trip together. We got back home around 2:30 in the afternoon and got back to our house and just plopped on the couch. Is was 2:30pm in Utah and already 10:30pm in Spain. So we were both getting tired already. We tried to hold it out awhile and not go to sleep until later so we could maybe get back into the swing of things... we ended up falling asleep around 8pm. (4am in Spain). Josh woke up at 3:30am, and was wide awake (11:30am over there). I managed to "sleep in" until 6:30am.

Then Monday was a nice relaxing day where we ran some errands and just enjoyed not having to go back to work right away. We bought a nice futon/sofa bed thingy for our office, rearranged that room and also bought a cute bistro set for our balcony. (I'll post pictures tonight). We went to Mike and Rebeccas for a BBQ at their place and enjoyed some yummy hamburgers, chips, and some tall boys. (I think that's what they're called, haha). We came home from there around 9:00 and just wanted to crash, we were soooo tired. I ended up not going to bed until 10, but was up and adam again at 6:30 this morning. Josh was lucky to sleep until about 5:30 :) Hopefully soon we'll be back to normal. But I really enjoy waking up early, it's nice to take my time to get ready and spend some time with Josh in the morning. I think I might start setting my alarm at 6:30 from now on instead of 7:00... we'll see how long that lasts.

Of course I will post pictures of our trip and give you some explanation of the things we did. That will be a longer post and may take me a couple days before I get it up... check back though...

3 comments:

Diane said...

I am glad you both had a great time. I am also very happy you are home.

Ashley said...

FUN!! Sorry about the whole Jet Lag thing. I want to take a vacation. It is harder now than before Avery. haha. When do we get to BBQ with you and Josh? We should do one with Lindsey and her man and find LACIE!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

how fun! I want to go to europe!