Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Drive In Movie



So on Friday Josh and I were invited with some friends to go to a drive in movie!! I had no idea there was one so close to us! Well it's about 15 min. away but the last time I went to a drive in was back home which they replaced with a stupid Walmart and it made me so mad! I didn't know they had any around here but it was so fun! We went and saw the new movie Star Trek (which trust me, I had my doubts... not a big fan of those movies) but it was REALLY good! It wasn't cheesy and I actually liked it. Even though I fell asleep in the last like 10 min. but what do you expect when you're laying down covered in blankets :)

It was seriously so fun... I truly believe we will be seeing that place much more often this summer. They charge per person here and not per car, but it's only $7, which is cheaper than the real theater and you get 2 movies out of it! The second movie was Monsters and Aliens, but I fell asleep 1/2 way through that one since it was like 12:30 in the morning.

We went with some friends, brought some fast food, candy and snacks, padded our explorer with some blankets and pillows, chatting with friends before the movie than enjoyed our time together. It was so great! I can't wait to go again!

3 comments:

mckenna said...

I love the drive in!! We used to go for Family Home Evening all the time growing up. :) And Jason and I used to go in Rexburg (yeah, there's one in Idaho!!) But haven't been since we were very first married. So fun!!

Auna Leigh said...

How fun! That sounds totally rad! Love the drive-ins baby!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Mmmmm, I LOVE the drive-in!!!!! I can't believe the last one you went to was Highway 39! Im still pretty pissed that they replaced it with wal-mart, that place was the bomb!