Thursday, September 16, 2010

36 weeks

Our blog is slowly morphing from the Josh and Tiffany blog, to the baby blog, which is fine by me. Because that's pretty much all we think about these days and he will soon consume our lives completely :)

I had a regular doctor's appointment yesterday and I'm already 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced! I know I can still go to my due date (or beyond), but the doctor seemed pretty sure that I wouldn't make it that long. Either way, this baby is coming soon. I'm more excited than anything at this point. Not nervous, but that will change I'm sure once I want to die from the pain. I still sleep great. I get up maybe once to pee and then a couple minutes here and there to reposition. Or, last night, when Josh elbowed me in the head, haha.

I think we're ready though for this little guy to join our family (well, as ready as you can be as first time parents). It's strange to think we only have a couple more weekends left being just a family of two and having the freedom to go and do anything we want.

This weekend Josh is playing in a dodgeball tournament put on by some of the Jazz players, which should be fun to watch. The Dew Tour is also this weekend which we'll be going to (has stuff like skateboarding, FMX, BMX, etc). I think Shaun White will be there this year too. We've gone the past couple years and it's always a lot of fun.

I'll take another picture and post it soon. It may be one of the last! I don't feel like I'm getting much bigger anymore, but I also see myself all day, so who knows.

Also, as far as a name goes, we're still debating between a few, but decided to wait to see him first before choosing the name. This is seriously going to be so hard! I had no idea. Any suggestions? :)

4 comments:

Meghan said...

I felt that way too about our blog turning into a baby blog, but that's our life :) I personally love reading other people's blogs about their babies! So keep it up! As for the names, I think boys names are so hard! We only liked like 2 names total, so I don't know what we'll do if we have a bunch of boys :) Good luck on the name front!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Thats amazing that you're already dialatied and effaced at 36 weeks. I was only 1 cm and 50% at 39 weeks! But my doctor is a saint and induced me anyway! How exciting, he's coming so soon, eeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

S said...

Sounds like you're gettin really close! Hope I get some news like that next week! We are struggling over names too. But once you see him the name will come to you. With Addi we hadn't decided on the name yet before she arrived so early and once we saw her we knew she was an Addison within a few minutes. It does make it harder not knowing the gender cause we have to be prepared with a boy and a girl name! Gah!

Megan said...

cute new background! That's exciting your dilated! I think all the names you guys have picked out are adorable, I bet once you see him, one will just fit!