Monday, February 22, 2010

Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin


Here's the recipe I talked about in my last post. It's an Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin and it's easy and delicious!

Ingredients
1 (2-pound) boneless pork tenderloin, with fat left on (the ones that look like a log)
2 teaspoons of salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary


Directions
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.

Place the pork loin on a rack in a roasting pan. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. With your fingers, massage the mixture onto the pork loin, covering all of the meat and fat.

Roast the pork for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 425 degrees F and roast for an additional 30 minutes. Test for doneness using an instant-read thermometer. When the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F, remove the roast from the oven. Allow it to sit for about 20 minutes before carving. It will continue to cook while it rests.


The cooking times will vary, but it's best to use a thermometer to know when exactly it'll be done, then there's no guessing.


But this thing is so moist and tastes wonderful! I paired it along side some mashed potatoes and gravy and some steamed veggies. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Stephanie Kelly said...

Hi Tiffany this is Stephanie Toland (Eric's wife). I came across your blog and just wanted to say Hey and see how you are doing? Cute blog! loves~

derekandkelsey said...

Look at you go, you little chef! When are you going to cook for me? oh and you still need to teach me how to discount shop.

Megan said...

is 9:15 too late for dinner? man, that looks/sounds SO good! I think I'll make that on Sunday!

Stephanie Kelly said...

Good to hear from you! Thanks on the complement. I'm not sure on what pictures you are talking about at Anthropolgie...all I can say is, "I wish"...HA!