Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Zions National Park




I know it's time for a new post and here it is! This weekend Josh and I went with 2 of our favorite couples out to Zions. It was such a blast! It was a short quick weekend, but completely worth it. We went with Marshall and Jen and Chucky and Ashley.

We left early Saturday morning, drove down to the park and then started a hike up the narrows. The Narrows was a beautiful "trail." I put it in quotes, because I didn't know you're hiking through a river. I've heard of this hike and I've heard of there being water sometimes up to your knees. Well, our friends neglected to tell us this was the hike we were doing, so I didn't really prepare clothing wise. I also didn't prepare for water up to the middle of my waist!!

But after we got in there and started the hike, the water was second nature and we all LOVED it! It was gorgeous and the mountains were amazing! The water was a nice cool down from the sun and it couldn't have been better. We were also lucky that it was cooler this last weekend than normal. It should've been around 110 degrees, but it was only around 85-90, which was perfect.

After the hike, we made our way back to the camp site, set up our tents, made some gourmet camping food (chicken tacos with peppers and onions, yum). We roasted some marshmallows (one of my favorite things while camping), and then hit the sack. We planned on getting up and doing a short hike the next morning, but we were all pretty tired and sore from before that we just headed home. We did hike like 4 1/2 hours the day before!

I'll post pictures soon, but I am really loving Utah in the summer time. There are so many amazing things to do and see and I'm glad we're taking advantage of it!

4 comments:

Lindsey and Jared said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I hiked the Narrow with the GW ward and it was seriously SO FUN! I was scared to do it because Pres. Markham said it was pretty hard, and I dont even really like hiking. But I dont know what he was talking about, because the water made it so easy and fun!!!! I would love to go do it again!

Laura said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. What a pretty place. I am kicking myself that Matt and I didn't go see tons of stuff around Utah like Zions National Park.

Megan said...

so pretty, I bet "hiking" in the water was nice during the hot summer! You made me want to go camping, I love s'mores!!!!