Monday, August 24, 2009

Redecorating!

Here are some photos so far... ignore that my camera sucks and there are spots on the photos.






A few things were accomplished this weekend and many things weren't :) We have so many little projects around the house that we want to do, but we're getting them done slowly because of so many other things that just pop up! But I'd rather do the fun little things and worry about the work later, lol.

But Josh and I had a great weekend together. A lot of it was spent watching Lost. We haven't watched this show yet and decided there's so much hype, might as well get started, right!? Well, once you start, you can't really stop, as many of you are aware whether it's Lost, 24, Prison Break or whatever. Even though I feel like I'm wasting time, it's so fun to just hang out at home and spend time with Josh.

Another thing we did this weekend was buy a dresser for our room! We've only had a small little dresser since we've lived in our new place, so Josh has had NO WHERE for his clothes, except on the floor or piled high on the closet shelves. Not because he's messy, but because there was no where to put them! Now with the new dresser, there's plenty of room and I'll be happy to put the laundry away now since there's a place for it! (Pictures to come)

We also got this really cool mirror for our bedroom that I love! We got curtains to hang and also lowered our bed, so it's a little bit more modern. I can't wait to show you pictures of when it's all done. Curtains should go up tonight, that's our plan anyways. Until we decide Lost is more important.

Josh also had a fun campout with the scouts this weekend and was gone Friday night. They had to hike in and out of where they camped, 4 miles each way! Yikes! Glad I'm not a scout, lol. While he was gone, I got to spend time with Mike and Becca and my sweet nieces. I love those girls!

Our other projects we hope to accomplish in the coming months:

Paint
New Carpet
Redo kitchen cabinets (white)
Backsplash in kitchen
Tile bathrooms/kitchen
...and so much more :)

It'll look SOOOOO amazing when it's done! I'll post some pics tonight though of our progress.

6 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

yeah, you better post pictures tonight!

Isn't LOST soooooo good?! I'm glad you've finally give in! Are you still on season one, or what? Seasons 3 and 4 are my favorite....well actually 4 is, but in 3 you really start to get some answers! I LOVE LOST!!!!

Victoria Harris Photography said...

We just started Lost yesterday.... and with no church, watched it ALL day long!

Laura said...

From what I have seen of your place it looks great! I can't blame you for only wanting to watch LOST. When Matt and I were engaged we watched and rewatched the first season of LOST! We just love it. I am glad that you guys have become hooked.

Megan said...

looks good! I love that mirror! the colors in your room are the same as my room!!! great minds think alike. we started watching lost a while ago, on a road trip, but never finished, what we did see was good though!

Becca said...

It looks awesome Tiff!! I hope that chair looks good where ever you end up putting it!!!

sarawhat said...

Ummm, we have that bed. And that mirror. And that dresser. God bless Ikea. :)