Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gettin it done

Well we decided to start tackling the renovations on our new place this weekend. Josh and I both had Good Friday off which was nice and we actually spent a lot of the day just hanging out and enjoying the day off. We didn't want to be working the entire weekend on the house :) We've been talking about hardwood floors for months now, but finally all of the pieces we need have come in and so we are now taking on this project. I know I say this a lot, but I'm so lucky Josh is handy and knows how to do this kind of thing. He hasn't put in hardwood on his own before, so this is a different experience, but he's doing amazing. And yes, I have pictures to show you of our progress so far. Here are some before pictures. The stairs are the hardest part of the house to do because of the prep work that needs to be done and they're just tedious, so we're starting there first. These are pictures of us prepping the stairs (and yes I said "us"... I pulled up the carpet, the pad and also ripped up the tack strip that holds it down... tough work I tell ya!):







More to come later.

2 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

can josh come do hardwood floors in our house next? PLEASE?????!!!!!
(and you too tiff- you big helper you!)

Marshall and Jennifer said...

He is quite the handy man! I am so excited to see the finished product! I am so tired of talking about hanging out, let's make it happen! Oh, and Marshall sold the winnie to buy my rock. He was super bumbed about it but I think his new car made him forget ;o) But that doesn't mean we can't take the old SUVs down and do some camping!