Thursday, February 19, 2009

What's going on

So it feels like it's been forever since I've last posted and thought I'd write a few things down and let you know what's been going on these past few weeks. We've been pretty busy with just having moved and having to get everything switched over to our new address, unpacking, buying furniture, getting finances back in order with the new mortgage, and just enjoying our new situation. The more we live in our new place the more I absolutely love it! I really feel we found the perfect place for us right now. I know, I know ... I still haven't posted pictures, I'm sorry.

We did purchase our hardwood floors and those should be coming in next week which I'm really excited about!!! We will be ripping up the carpet/linoleum this weekend to prep for the new floors. Luckily Josh is extremely amazing and handy because he will be laying the new floors which will save us a TON of money! We bought some office furniture and I absolutley love it! I did take a picture of it, but when I was trying to post it the other night, the internet wasn't working. But our 2nd bedroom will be our office and it looks so good! We have our desk with bookshelves around it and we'll be getting an accent chair for reading in there and also probably a sofa bed for guests. Our bedroom is almost done, we have our bed all set up, we just need to put together some new dressers.

We found a couch from Ashley furniture that we really liked and it's REALLY cheap!! They're having a sale this entire week and they have 3 couches for sale, each for only $295! So we'll probably get one of those and then find an accent chair to go along with it. Once we get our couches and our flooring put in, the last thing we need is a dining room table! I already know the one I want, I just don't want to buy it until we have our floors in.

We also put in some shelves in the garage to give us some storage room so now our 2nd bedroom closet doesn't act as a storage unit! I love being organized now, it feels so nice to know where everything is and have everything neatly placed on shelves. Another exciting thing is we're getting gym memberships! I can't wait! It's been years since I've been to a gym, let alone worked out, so I'm excited to be healthy again and be active. My first goal is to run a 10K, once that's accomplished, I'll try to tackle a 1/2 marathon. Josh's goal is to run a triathalon. He's in much better shape than me, so I'm excited for him to take on that challenge. We are doing the free 7 day pass right now to make sure we like the gym, but Costco is having a killer deal at 24 hour fitness, for only $300 for a 2 year membership which is great.

Also, Valentine's day was so nice. Josh and I spent the day together and went up to gateway up in SLC and went to lunch and then went shopping together. It was nice to spend the day with him and just enjoy each other's company.

So other than everything I just mentioned...I'm just trying to be better at every aspect in my life right now. I'm trying to make sure to do the little things both physically and spiritually and they both make such a difference and make me a much happier person. Things are going well for us both and I can't wait to show you all pictures of our place. Until then... enjoy my non-picture posts :)

3 comments:

Becca said...

so much to be happy about!! I can't wait to see all the changes and new floor in! This is the best part about moving!Finding things you love and getting them in your own place!

I decided that I'll live vicariously through you and let you do all the work...as in work outs at the gym!!!! I admire you! I wish I had the gym bug! I so wan tto be in better shape but I'm waiting for a magic pill to make it all happen! Maybe I'll have to motivate myself and "jog" meaning walk to your house when it starts warming up. OR we can meet at Sonic for a drink!!!

Megan said...

I'm dying to see pictures! I love that feeling when you first move in somewhere, you've just gotten rid of all the stuff you don't need and everything feels like a fresh start! Post pictures soon! At least as soon as the floors are done anyway!

Sounds like you guys are doing great! What a fun valentine's day too! That just sounds perfect! Good luck on your gym search!

Amy and Tyson said...

Sounds like things are going good!! I am excited to see pictures of the new house..miss ya!!