Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Family of 5 coming March 2012


Our two new bundles of joy. We were as shocked as you are. This picture is of them at about 8 1/2 weeks. We are now 12 1/2 weeks and they look like babies instead of blobs. We love these little ones so much. 

You don't need to remind me how our hands will be totally full (with 3 kids under 1 1/2), we KNOW it's going to be tough. But I can't even begin to tell you how blessed we feel and how lucky we are. With Dane it took us 3 1/2 years and what a miracle he was. Doctors told us if we wanted more kids we shouldn't wait to long to try. Well, we were surprised when it didn't take long at all! When we saw the pregnancy test we both were like, "what?!?!? no way did this happen naturally!" We made a dr. appt. and were just expecting to find out that our sweet little baby was healthy. The ultrasound machine was frozen and needed to be restarted and it was taking too long and Josh had to get to work. So, he left. I told him, I'll let you know how the baby looks and send you the ultrasound pic. When the dr. did the ultrasound to see how far along we were, the first words he said was, "ummm.... there are two." I could not even believe it!!

With Dane we had a 50% chance of him being a twin (since we did invitro) and we were blessed with one miracle. We don't have twins in our family and I didn't do any fertility treatments this time and with a 1% chance, we are naturally pregnant with twins! We are due March 4, but with 37 weeks being full term for twins, it looks like they will be coming in February. We also made the gender ultrasound appt. and it's only about 1 month away!! I can't wait to find out what we're having. Also, the dr. is guessing that they're fraternal since they're in separate sacs, but he said that is just a guess. They could still be identical, we just don't know yet. I know everyone says this, but I just want to healthy babies. I am nervous about having 2 girls though. I don't know much about girls and we don't have any girl clothes. So, I'm hoping for at least 1 boy so there are less things to buy :) 

Now it's time for the belly pics. Those will be coming soon, because I'm definitely already showing - yikes. Oh and to make things a little more exciting, the dr. guessed I'd probably gain about 60 pounds. Yup, you read that right, 60. But then again, I did gain 50 with Dane, holy moly.

Josh and I are ecstatic to say the least. We really could not be any happier.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so amazing! I can't believe you're having twins! You are an amazing mom so those 2 are going to be SO lucky! If it turns out to be a girl and a boy I'd be happy to save some of my girl stuff for you. :) Just let me know!

Congrats Tiff!

Dana and Chase said...

yeah!!!!!!! im so glad I can start talking to you about twins! its going to be so fun having them so close together :) we will def. help eachother out. I love you tiff and im so excited for you and josh!im nervous and i dont have another kid, so if you need anything let me know! ill probably have a bunch of stuff you can borrow. love you :)

Kinzie Sue said...

I know I already commented on FB, but I just wanted to tell you again how beyond happy I am for you guys! Best of luck with everything. Can't wait to hear what you're having.

Heidi Rieck said...

im SO frikin' excited for you! what a miracle! Congrats, mommy of 3 :)

Chelsea said...

WOW!!! Congrats, I am so excited for yall!!

Jylare Smith said...

I cannot even believe it! I'm so excited for you guys! Best thing ever.

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I'm voting for at least ONE girl!!! She would be so cute and Ruby can be her little friend. :) So happy for you guys!!!!

BL said...

I am SO excited for you guys! you will be a great mom to twins! congrats!

Brittany said...

tiff, that is amazing! i am so excited for you guys!

Me and My Boys said...

AHHHH!!!! That is so amazing! I hear you on the girl thing, I felt the exact same way. But know that I have one, they are seriously so much fun too. I'm so excited for you! What an awesome Adventure 2 little ones! Congrates Cuz!

mckenna said...

Ha ha ha ha!! AMAZING!! Congratulations!! That's so exciting! I'm so glad they are BOTH healthy and things are going well! And don't worry about what everyone tells you about having your hands full. Most of them don't have twins anyway, so what do they know?! :) I can't wait to find out what you're having too!!!!!!

Holly said...

Yay! I am so happy for you guys! It's going to be soooo fun and I promise I will tell you everything their is to know about multiples! And just know, twins isn't nearly has hard as triplets! :) You are truly blessed and I can't wait to go along with this pregnancy with you! And when you get stressed about 3 under 1 1/2, just think of me with 4 under 1 1/2! LOL!

Auna Leigh said...

Wowzers!!!! So excited for you!!! I've got chills!!! Ur amazing buoy will do great! I have no doubts. ;)

Rachel said...

that's way crazy! congrats! twins, how cute!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Tiffany this is SOOOO amazing!! See, God really does bless us with the things we want if we are faithful. (referring to going through the trials of infertility) Girl, you must have had a lot of faith!!

Do you remember Holly Vandegrift, my roommate Freshman year? She got pregnant with twins her second pregnancy, too!! So she had 3 kids within 2 1/2 years.

Good luck with your pregnancy. Remember to let yourself rest!

Meghan said...

Tiffany this is such great news!! I'm so excited for you! You will he such a great mom of three! Congrats!!!

'Cus and Britt said...

Craziest and BEST news I have ever heard! You two are the most deserving of this wonderful blessing. Wow you've made up for lost time now! :)

The Griffins said...

It's cause your so petite Tippy, you have no room to hide them in your teeny belly. Congrats!

Brent and Anne said...

We are so happy for you guys! That's amazing!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Annie and Berkeley said...

WOW, WOW!!! Berkeley and I are crazy excited for you guys. That is incredible! The Lord sure has his own plans for us, doesn't he?! Congrats again and we can't wait to start seeing the belly pics!

Megan said...

cute little buddies! I'm so happy for you guys, you are right, it will be busy, but what could be better than being busy with sweet little babies? You are so amazing, I know you will handle it beautifully!