Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our 7 monther

Dane hit 7 months yesterday! Hurray! What an amazing son we have. I just love him more and more everyday. He gets even more fun too and his sweet personality comes out a little bit more each day. Here are some fun little tid bits:

- He has 2 teeth (bottom two)
- Started clapping 9 (he does it on command too)
- Is "dancing" now. When we say "dance" or if music just starts to play, he dances. This consists of moving his head and upper body back and forth.
- Sits up like a champ
- Eating some finger foods now
- Says "ba ba ba ba ba ba" - hasn't mastered mama or dada yet
- He plays peekaboo! It's so cute. He'll put a blanket or towel up over his face on his own and pulls it down when we say "peekaboo" - smart little guy
- Stands really well when holding on to our hands or couch.
- Is probably around 19 pounds is my guess and has the chubbiest legs, arms, cheeks and toes around.
- Reaches for us to pick him up
- Is taking 3 decent naps per day. Usually a total of about 3 hours altogether. Much better than he used to do.
- Hasn't started crawling yet, but I think he may start moving before he's 8 months. We'll see!
- Had his first hair cut
- His hair is getting lighter and lighter. We may have a blondie on our hands!
- And we STILL don't know his eye color. It's like a dark bluish, grayish color. Take a look and tell me what you think...
- We celebrated our first Mother's Day together and I am beyond blessed to have him as my son and to have the amazing opportunity to be a mom. I couldn't be happier. (And it sure helps to have the most amazing husband in the world along side me to help raise our sweet boy. Josh is truly the best dad and helps me out so much. I am so lucky)

Clapping

Haircut



After the cut


Road trip, playing some fruit ninja



Lounging


Mother's Day








8 comments:

S said...

What a stinkin smarty pants!!! I can't believe he is clapping and dancing! Emily likes to bang 2 toys together too but I haven't got her to clap. She use to think it was so funny and has just lost interest in clapping lately :( A few times I thought she was trying to dance but I think it was more of a wobble to get a toy or something, lol. He's so precious! Happy mothers day!

Heidi Rieck said...

what a little stud you have :) Isn't it just crazy how they get such personalities? lol He's just 2 darn cute! Come out here to visit Rob so i can meet that boy :) haha

ALLY said...

Yep you are one lucky lady, adorable baby and good husband!! :)

Meghan said...

HAHA - I LOVE that he's playing with the iPad! Ethan does this too and it cracks me up. Amazing what they figure out so early! And, I love Dane's vans shoes. What a cutie!

Holly said...

Awww, so cute! Happy Mother's Day! I love the video, he is so darn cute!

Tyson said...

I love that boy, but where did all his daddy's hair go?! It looks like a fun mother's day. love ya.

'Cus and Britt said...

He's so fun! I bet you're loving every second!

Marshall and Jennifer said...

He gets cuter every post!