Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shots... YIKES!!




So for an update on the dr. appts. I'm now on to round 3 of artificial insemtination since the first 2 times didn't work. Well I went to the doctor this last Monday and guess what? I have to start giving myself shots?!?! WHAT?!?!? NOOOO!!!! If you know anything about me, you know I'm super scared of shots!! AHHHH. Well I guess you gotta do, what you gotta do to have a baby right?

So I found out I'll be taking some pills this month along with the injections. This month I only have to get 3 shots. If this month doesn't work, we'll be moving on to about 10 or 11 shots. Luckily Josh can give them to me and I don't have to do it, because I would never work up enough nerve to stab myself with one of those things. And to make matters worse, the dang needle is 1 1/2 inches long!

Anyways, I'm willing to do whatever it takes, so wish me luck and hopefully I get used to it, because it sounds like this might be something I'll be doing for a little bit. Those of you who get pregnant so easily, count your blessings...

8 comments:

Auna Leigh said...

WoW! You go girl! And I am definately the one in need of being grateful! Thanks for the reminder! You'll do great! Chin up and after each injection get yourself some Ben and Jerry's! Love you!

Katie May said...

oh my goodness. I feel like crying for you! I hope that things go well! Thank you for putting me into perspective. Good luck!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

oh man, that SUCKS! For me, it wouldnt be abig deal because Im not scared of needles, but I know how much you hate them! Man, Im sorry!!!!

Laura said...

I am really sorry about the shots. I am the same way with needles. I am glad that you have Josh there to give them to you. I hope this works and you don't have to give yourself anymore shots. Good Luck!

AdamAndMelaine said...

You are so brave!

Annie and Berkeley said...

You are awesome. Wow. I would not be able to do the shot thing on my own either. Thank goodness for spouses. Really, good luck and we will be praying for you guys! Can't wait for a little Austin baby to be running around!

Becca said...

if you want me to rub your bum I will!!! I love you that much!!!

Amy and Tyson said...

Good luck.. you can do it!! If your 6 year niece can do it 4 times a day you can handle it!!!! I know this is tough but you are an amazing women and you have a good husband.We love you guys!