Saturday, March 12, 2011

5 Months

I haven't really been documenting on here what Dane has been doing at certain ages, so I need to start now. I do write down when he does something for the first time, but all of his cute, funny quirks I need to make sure I keep track of, because I know I'll forget.

At 5 months here are some things he does:

- He always has and still, LOVES taking a bath
- He's starting to sit up on his own! He hasn't mastered it yet, but can sit there alone for about 10 seconds or so, until he tumbles over
- Dane loves electronics. I think most babies do, but if you put the iPad in front of him, or his favorite toy, he goes for the iPad. If he sees the remote, his eyes lock on it and you can turn him around and his head will stay focused on the remote. As I'm sitting here typing this, he's trying to pound on the keyboard.
- He loves to suck on anything. From toys, to fingers, to blankets, to your face.
- He's a great sleeper at night, but sucks at naps. He'll go to bed around 7:30, wake up around 2ish to eat, and immediately fall to sleep after he eats. Then is up for the day about 7. Naps, he takes 3-4 naps a day, usually 30-45 minutes on average. No fun.
- He's been eating solids since 4 months. His favorite is squash. Doesn't love bananas or sweet potatoes much. I think it's the consistency. Just started apples yesterday and I'm not sure if he will like them as much either. The squash was so smooth and the others are still pureed, but a little less smooth than the squash.
- Learned how to jump like crazy in his jumperoo. It's so cute
- Songs he loves me to sing to him, are the alphabet song, Do As I'm Doing, and songs from Baby Signing Time.
- He knows the sign for "milk." When I do it, he does this thing with his tongue and starts opening and closing his mouth like he wants to eat.
- He likes to put his legs in the air, when laying on his back and slam them down on the ground. Or do that in the bath and splash water all over the place.
- He also does this thing with his head, where he shakes it back and forth like you would to say "no." Even though he's not doing it to say "no" he does it a lot and it's so funny.
- He loves to scratch different textures with his nails
- He's starting to blow bubbles or raspberries with his mouth
- Lastly, he loves when you take his hands and rub them on your cheeks and say "cheeks." He smiles and laughs every time you do this.

Ok, that's enough for now. Here are some pictures:













6 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

Dane is getting so big! And sitting up already?! How did that happen?! He is so cute...Ruby used to do that same thing with laying on her back and slamming her legs on the ground. We would put her to bed and then for 10 minutes hear her doing that. haha crazy kids!

oh, and I LOVE that cardigan he's wearing in the last few pictures, SOOOO cute!!!

Megan said...

I can't believe he's already 5 months! That's amazing he knows the sign for milk, what a little baby genius! I wish I could see him jumping in his jumperoo, that's the cutest thing!

KellySummer said...

adorable striped sweater! also, i loved reading that list and seeing the things that ollie did, and the things that are more unique. :)

ALLY said...

I think Dane is the most stylish little guy around!! I can't imagine where Dane got his obsession for electronics...it couldn't be from Josh at all, could it ;)

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's 5 months old! The electronics thing is funny. Chelsey has always been that way. Even now she knows how to work my ipod better than my parents. :)

briansmommydukeswifey said...

Such a cute guy!!! Hope hes doing well after his fall!